Removing unwanted debris from a wellbore can be challenging. In wells where circulation is not possible, mechanically operated sand pumps and wireline bailers can remove limited amounts of debris; these tools often require a number of trips to clear it all. When full well circulation is possible, fines and similar materials that are easily loosened can be circulated to surface.
For more than 30 years, the M&M Oil Tools hydrostatic bailer has provided an even more powerful and effective means to remove fill and debris from the wellbore.
Our bailer is run into the well on tubing, workstring or drillpipe that is dry or partially filled with fluid. A valve within the M&M hydrostatic bailer holds the differential pressure between the elevation of standing fluid level in the wellbore outside of the workstring and the fluid level inside the workstring. This action creates an extremely high flow rate that breaks up the fines and vacuums the debris into the tool’s fill chamber where it is trapped by a flapper valve.
The M&M Oil Tools hydrostatic bailer can easily be adjusted for each well condition by adding or removing joints of workstring that form the fill chamber and by adjusting the difference between internal and external fluid levels. If multiple runs are required, only two connections need to be broken to service the tool at the well site.
- Mechanically actuated knock-out sub allows the workstring to drain as it is pulled out of the well.
- A splined mandrel allows torque to be transmitted to mule shoe.
- Generates differential pressures which are hundreds of times more powerful than those created by venture-type hydraulic bailers.
- Debris chamber size can be adjusted to hold many barrels and thousands of pounds of fines.
- Suitable for use in wells where circulation is not possible.
- Does not require large high volume, high-pressure pumping equipment or fluid at the well site.
- Can be used in combination with core-type junk baskets to recover larger objects and debris.
- Can be used to reverse surge perforations to remove debris and enhance production.
- High quality, precision-machined components made from alloy steel provide reliable performance.
- The simple design allows the tool to be serviced on the well site.